Friday, October 7, 2016

SIVERT HOYEM (Ex-Madrugada) Live in Athens under the shadow of Acropolis. A review and the complete setlist...



  On the 29th of September and the 2nd of October, the Norwegian songwriter/composer/ musician Sivert Hoyem gave 2 live gigs at the Herodeion ancient theatre, that lies under the Acropolis in Athens, Greece. Although I saw him on stage just a few months ago, I decided to go once more, mostly because I was expecting something spectacular.
Sivert, further than his band, brought with him a string quartet and Marie Munroe to help him with backing vocals. With almost 10 people on stage, it was obvious that we were going to watch something really unique and wonderful. But further than each persons opinion, the presence of the cameras that were filming the whole concert in order to be released as a dvd at some point, was proving that.
Both concerts were sold out, so the beautiful ancient theatre was packed.
  Now, let’s get to my personal point of view. I have seen Madrugada (his previous band) many times on stage, and Sivert with his personal band as well. This concert was definitely something unique, but I must say that I wasn’t completely satisfied. Yes, the songs were preformed really well and the setting was fantastic. But I have the feeling that Sivert was overwhelmed by the atmosphere of the ancient theatre. That is my impression at least, and I’m talking only about the first concert in which I was present. Further than that, before the concert, he “promised” to play some songs from his days with Madrugada that he has not played so often anymore. Well, I believe that never happened. With the exception of ‘Step into this Room and Dance for me’, all the others were the usual classic songs that he is playing almost every time.
  But the overall outcome was very good, and I didn’t regret it. In case he will finally release this DVD in the future, I strongly recommend to buy it and watch it. I’m sure you will love it!
Here is the concert’s setlist:
1. Lioness
2. Black & Gold
3. Belladonna (Madrugada)
4. January 3rd
5. What's On Your Mind? (Madrugada)
6. My Thieving Heart (feat. Marie Munroe)
7. Honey Bee (Madrugada)
8. Prisoner Of The Road
9. Into The Sea
10. The Boss Bossa Nova
11. Görlitzer Park
12. Give It A Whirl
13. Majesty (Madrugada)
14. Sleepwalking Man 
Encore 1:
15. Step Into This Room And Dance For Me (Madrugada)
16. Fool To Your Crown
17. Handsome Savior
18. Moon Landing
Encore 2:
19. The Kids Are On High Street (Madrugada)
20.
Silences
Here's a video from that concert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-FxwGSt8bk


No comments:

Post a Comment